- About Us
- Contact Us
- Articles & Information
- Pet Library
- 10 Commandments for Pet Owners
- Search Our Site
THE TEN COMMANDMENTS FOR A PET OWNER
1. My life is likely to last 10 to 15 years. Any separation from you will be very painful.
2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.
3. Place your trust in me--it is crucial for my well-being.
4. Don't be angry with me for long, and don't lock me up as punishment.
You have your work, your friends, your entertainment. I have only you.
5. Talk to me. Even if I don't understand your words,
I understand your voice when it's speaking to me.
6. Be aware that however you treat me, I'll never forget it.
7. Before you hit me, remember nature gave me weapons that
I could easily injure you with, but I choose not to hurt you.
8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something
might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food, I've been out in the sun too long,
or my heart may be getting old and weak.
9. Take care of me when I grow old. You too will grow old.
10. Go with me on difficult journeys. Never say, "I can't bear to watch it" or,
"Let it happen in my absence." Everything is easier for ME if you are there.
Remember, I LOVE YOU.